Norton

I really appericate all of you responding :). I just want to know, norton is free with comcast as a subscription. I need to know if i should stick with norton or get another one (willing to pay). I want a antivirus that i can trust and know with confidence that it will catch the viruses since my gaming pc is very important. Also, which will be the best with gaming- and with my specs listed below- do you think if i remove norton and get another virus protection that it will increase fps?
Windows 8
I7-3770K
16GB RAM
128GB SSD
2TB HD
NVDIA GTX 560 TI 2GB
ASUS P8Z-77V PRO/THUNDERBOLT

Last edited:
If you have not used Nortons for the last 3 years then you should not really comment as it is not resource hungry as some people state here.... Norton has improved from the days when it was a resource hog, not now.
It is just as good as any other internet security programs, if any all security programs have their pro's & cons, truth to be known they all have their strengths & weaknesses.

I use Norton, kaspersky and Eset on different PC's and find them all OK...my personal choice....have used others but found these 3 mentioned to be above average.

Last comment on memory usage if you are using new computers manufactured in the last 2 years then any internet security programs should not pose a problem unless you are using an old PC with inadequate memory/cpu installed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom