Laptop Not Booting

ashpash21

In Runtime
So I think this is a hardware problem, my laptop was working fine and then it suddenly started making some beeping noises, but they were not loud and they didn't sound like the normal beeps that you diagnose problems with. There must of been about 30. So when I rebooted my laptop I was faced with the dell booting screen and the progress bar did not move and then it went on to this screen
IMG_0030.jpg

I think it maybe a hard drive problem as when I put my Windows 8 disc in and tried to install it it came up saying there was no drive found.

What do you think I should do?

By the way my laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5050 with 6GB RAM and 1TB Hard Drive and Intel i5 processor
ee4g5djth
HajFOAaeM

i use the UBD4W if my computers play up and wont boot, once i was not thinking and erased the MBR wile playing in the CLI and then had to rebuild it. LOL

Or could be as simple as it got dropped or bumped hard and the drive connector has come loose. Pop open the drive bay and check it. Be carefull the ZIP connector can be damaged quite easily.

Check you Bios settings for Boot Sequence it is set the boot from network you need to select Hard drive that the Bios see's pxe is used for pixi builds I guess if you where doing so then you would know all about them. also worth checking bios for date and time and select the option to restore all defaults this will change back the settings for you it could be the CMOS Battary. how old is the pc?

if it is the hard disk then replace the hard disk and reinstall windows.

Kind Regards

If you believe it is your hard drive, there are a few steps you could take (I am assuming through all of this that you actually want some of the data off the drive and would rather not do a complete reinstall):

1) Remove the drive and attach it to another pc. You can then access the data from your drive as if it were any other attached storage. Obviously this will only work if the damage is in the boot sector and the remainder of the disk is ok.

2) Failing that (i.e. you dont have access to another computer or the drive doesn't appear as a slave) I suggest running spinrite (available from grc.com - google will find it) on a level 2 scan - it isn't a free tool, but it's recovered many 'dead' disks for me, even ones which disk recovery professionals said were irrecoverable! It's $89 I believe, one off price.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom