Microsoft Window Security Essential good or not

risnar04

Beta member
I have been using original Antivirus for couple of years but now it's license has expired. I have heard that Microsoft Window Security Essential is good free antivirus. Is it correct or should I renew my license of antivus.
Plz help!!!!

For MSE being free, it's the best free AV client I have personally tested and I've tested them all.

Personally I use a paid AV client that offers better protection. However MSE is a great choice if you are planning on using best surfing practices and not lurking around in the underbelly of the internet.

I have found a few things I don't like with MSE while testing. 1. Seems when there is an issue with MSE you really can't get support to resolve it. Best to remove it and all settings then re-load fresh. 2. Malware that is self installed often can slip by and seems to be able to disable MSE easier then most paid clients on the market.

Just my personal experiences with it.

Not everything that Microsoft has released is bad, Microsoft Security Essentials isn't bad its quite good..

I had a friend who uses MSE on Windows 7 and I believe its poor on protecting the computer (a laptop to be exact) from virus because even though it's been 3 - 4 months only the performance of the computer already run slow. However, the usage of the space is just nearly 15 – 20 percent. No games or other programs that I believe could affect its performance. Is this really usual?

Back
Top Bottom