Question about Ocing

justykumbusty

Baseband Member
Hello, my specs to my pc are
i7-3770k
asus p8z-77v pro/thunderbolt
16gb ram
560 ti 2gb

I would like to know if overclocking my i7 could get me more fps on multiplayer for bf3, im getting a pretty amazing steady 40-50fps which is great, but want to know if i could get more from doing anything (i already oced gpu) and if i do how much more fps could i get? Thanks

Hey,

i'm probably one of the lesser informed members round here when it comes to gaming and FPS BUT I do know a little.

I would say that you may get a little extra FPS from over clocking your CPU but your biggest performance increase would come from upgrading your graphics card.

you are gonna see very little extra gaming performance. it's already a very fast CPU you have there. it's your GPU that is bottle necking. Games are usually not very CPU demanding compared to GPU demanding. even going from a second gen core i5 to your third gen core i7 will prove only a little extra performance in most games.

If you want to overclock something, overclock your GPU. Use MSI Afterburner.

I'm perfectly fine, it's already actually at 55-60 so i don't know If its worth it and when it goes to 40 it's unnoticable

From what I understand, BF3 isn't all that CPU dependent. You could overclock and get some gains, just don't expect anything Earth shattering.

Not to mention higher FPS is not always better. You have to think about the display frequency of your monitor. You have to consider the effect of motion blur -- sometimes a lower FPS works better (as in more realistically, graphically) with the way things move in your game. If things look great to you now, I wouldn't OC.

Back
Top Bottom