I wanna get into programming

Believe me, I try!

Getting off topic a bit, but I do agree - there's way too many people who graduate from university with a degree in CS and can't code to save their lives. FWIW, I'm actually doing a PhD at the moment trying to do something to help this issue, as part of it I'm looking at developing a notional machine / associated tool to hopefully allow people to harness those necessary skills more easily and quickly. With that and the combined recent change in curriculum so programming is compulsory at secondary school, I really do hope this situation changes...!
Cheers! The best to you and your thesis, hope all goes well and we'll soon be calling you Doc Berry.

It also depends on what you want to develop. If you want to develop websites and web applications, it is a different process than mobile applications for example.

It also depends on what you want to develop. If you want to develop websites and web applications, it is a different process than mobile applications for example.
Agreed, add WSDL, schemas, XLST, and XML to the list. XMLSpy and SOAPUI as well. For mobile add Android, and iOS programming/scripting. It has indeed become a very complicated landscape now-a-days.

How can I get started, are certificate programs good? Thanks!

Hello,

I am developing an app for my iPhone. I am not a professional but I am interested in this topic and have little experience. While doing some research I found a page that deals with app development and has code snippets as well. The information provided by the page (if you are interested have a look: Ozeki C# VoIP SDK - A SIP SDK for software developers) proved to be really useful. Hope I could help you with this information.

If you are really interested in programming.Then start with basic like C language,C++.If you clear your basic concepts then its good and you will get success when you go for higher languages like dotnet, java etc.You will not get any problem.Then you can also take certification in programming(whatever language you will learn).

If you are really interested in programming.Then start with basic like C language,C++.If you clear your basic concepts then its good and you will get success when you go for higher languages like dotnet, java etc.You will not get any problem.Then you can also take certification in programming(whatever language you will learn).

C++is not a basic language in any sense of the word, it's horrendously complicated and one of the least suitable for beginners.

C++is not a basic language in any sense of the word, it's horrendously complicated and one of the least suitable for beginners.

Guys we are bringing up a thread from February . . . . .

*EDIT* ignore that I believe the dates are in American format :) !!
Lets pretend this post didn't happen and I don't look rather silly right now :eek:

I use vBulletin forum software. Learned a lot about php, html, xml, java, javascript, jquery, css, and a lot of other programming formats it uses. It's not really all that complicated as I see it. It's all about what each command does. Where to use it. And making sure your syntax is correct. Then the debug fun begings... (insert Advil commercial here.)

Back
Top Bottom