android tablet avi file

billozz

In Runtime
hi guys i ahve an android tablet and an avi file on a memory stick, i have a cable that connects to the tablet and the other end has a usb connection so that i can put the memory stick in but when i try to play the file on the tablet it wont play, it seems to play the first few seconds and then stops, any ideas please
thanks
Bill

This is usually due to either an incompatible codec, or a corrupted video file.

Try also transcoding it into another format that the tablet can recognize. I don't have any problems playing WMV files on my Nexus 7 or my HTC Rezound.

AVI should be ok, but it's just a generic container, there are many actual video codecs that may not work on Android that have .AVI.

Is the cable you are using a generic USB cable? Android devices need to use an OTG cable to connect USB devices.

On my Nexus 7 Android tablet, I use an OTG cable and an app called Nexus Media Importer that allows me to stream video from thumb drives or SD cards.

im not sure it came with the tablet and has an ordinary usb connection one end and a feamle usb the other how does an otg differ?

Internal wiring is slightly different. Pin 4 of the micro USB end is grounded. I suspect that since you can at least access the AVI file on the memory stick that your cable is OTG.

What Android tablet do you have?

otg.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom