Batteries wont charge ?

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
I have a laptop that has had 3 different batteries (all thrid party) and none of them seems to be charging.

When they arrive they work and the meter on screen gets stuck and stays the same until the laptop dies.

Then of course it wont power back up and the battery isnt being charged.

In fact the charging light turns on and off quite fast.

However once the battery is dead the laptop wont power on without removing the battery first.

Then when reinserted after it comes up saying not charging.

I know thrid party batteries are not ideal but after trying three different ones from different sellers i think i can rule out battery at this stage.

Only other things are the contacts, mobo, charging port and charger.

Any ideas guys ?

It's probably either the charger or the actual port that's attached to the mobo. Try wiggling the charging cable around where it attaches to the back of the laptop and see if you can find a way to get the charging light to stay on. If it's blinking on and off, by guess is that it's a loose connection, but I don't know how to fix that.

well they complanined about (when running from just power cord) that if they moved the whole things would die. So there must be a slight connection issue there.

Have to take a look when i get it tomorrow and repalce the jack. Luckily its one that has the cable attached and its not hard soldered onto the mobo.

Back
Top Bottom