Hate Windows 8?

Interesting info. What are those speeds dependent upon? Mostly hardware or software. I'm always looking to increase performance, I disabled all my unnecessary start-up programs.

I think windows is mainly based on touch computers or tablet or even a little on phones not all that much on desktops and other things. I dislike on a non-touch device just my honest opinion. I don't like all that much input just me.

There is a smart button genius'. It's that little button next to the Alt Key on the left side of your keyboard. :^))

Or take yur mouse to the lower left corner of the screen and the Start "button" will pop up.

P.S.- The resulting screen after taking either of these routes IS the Start Menu

I have used 8 myself now for a little bit of time I was one of the first people to get it before the dev preview and it has changed so much since. The boot speed is a positive but the features of metro should not be in the desktop version. Metro is a mini OS in it's own right but the styling to me is probably one of the more modern of any operating system. In a day and age where touch is becoming such a everyday thing in a laptop or AIO computer I feel the popularity of Windows 8 is only going to increase and with them basically giving it away why not get it and have it. So in other words like or not techs have no choice but to begin supporting and potentially installing 8 soon.

There is a smart button genius'. It's that little button next to the Alt Key on the left side of your keyboard. :^))

Or take yur mouse to the lower left corner of the screen and the Start "button" will pop up.

P.S.- The resulting screen after taking either of these routes IS the Start Menu

that is not a start menu, it is a metro menu for a phone.

a start menu has a windows logo and you click on it an a little menu pops up a start menu is not a menu that takes up the whole screen and is unpleasing for the eye, just my 2 cents worth.

I have a customer who got a new computer that has Windows 8. He has to learn how to use the computer all over again.

I have a customer who got a new computer that has Windows 8. He has to learn how to use the computer all over again.

That is so annoying. I don't know why Microsoft didn't make Windows 8 phone version and a version for desktops and laptops.

Last edited:
that is not a start menu, it is a metro menu for a phone.

a start menu has a windows logo and you click on it an a little menu pops up a start menu is not a menu that takes up the whole screen and is unpleasing for the eye, just my 2 cents worth.

It is what is considered the start menu. Which is why it says START at the top left (Insert LOL Here). Get with the times, man. :):angel:

Back
Top Bottom