cooling question

This is not going to be my pc forever, I am going to build a new one as soon as I get the cash. So I'm not even going to think about liquid cooling this old timer, because I'm not going to run it forever. But I was looking into that, or a water submerged system.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Best option for some enthusiasts, but he said money is tight. Therefore, I'd rule that option out.

Looks like the side fan is helping him out. :flowers:

You're right, the fan keeps the temp down at a lever that doesn't raise a lot of concern.

This case is aout the worst case design for airflow. As you can see in the pics, the hot air from the CPU gets blown onto the GPU which skyrockets the GPUs temp. With an open case, and that huge fan on high, it keeps it low.

ForumRunner_20130212_202823.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130212_202957.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130212_202957.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 5
  • ForumRunner_20130212_203024.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130212_203024.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 6
  • ForumRunner_20130212_203104.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130212_203104.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 6
The hood's gone. It fits over the cpu and the fan pushes air in to it. I recognize the shape of the heat sink. When the hood is not there the cpu remps go out of this world.

Yea that's what I've been told

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

The hood's gone. It fits over the cpu and the fan pushes air in to it. I recognize the shape of the heat sink. When the hood is not there the cpu remps go out of this world.

I modified the hood to be open and get more airflow from my housefan. If I close my case again, I have another heat sync with a hood over I.

Hey guys! Long time since I got on here, I've been too busy with my new upgrades :) I bought 2 80mm fans about a month back and, at the time, I had to set on pointing toward my GPU to cool it down and one on the back to provide airflow out of the case that LOVES to keep heat. I soon afterward got a new GPU, the geforce gt620 (not a bad card for 60, but there are better ones) which comes with a built in fan so I then put both fans on the gack of the case and the pc now runs all round temps of about 30 degrees celcius, sometimes 40. Works great now.

Back
Top Bottom