• foothead

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Todesengel

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • EchoNatek

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMO, the best way would be to have entry tomorrow through the 20th of February, voting from the 21st through 25th, then have the next one up on the 27th.
That was only confusing. No offense, but I don't think that is a great idea simply because it will be a crap tourney. the reason being, because no one gets much time to vote. Since the first one was off track, and rather sudden, how about we put up your tourney entry time from now until the 17th of this month, and then on the 18th have it up until the 28th. Then next month we can get a real schedule and fresh start. Does this sound alright everyone?

Waiting a bit is fine. How do you expect to get more than five days of voting time in on a ten day schedule though?

What do you mean? there is no time limit on voting, just until the thread is closed. So everyone, you have until February 17th to get you entry for abandoned places, right foothead? I will post the new entry thread tomorrow, so don't post anything until then. Good luck!

ohhhh. I misunderstood and thought we were going to do the whole thing, including entry between 18th and 28th. Sorry, I didn't sleep well last night so I'm a bit slow today.

I still think you're doing it backwards though. We need more entry time, not more voting time. After five days, anyone who wants to vote will have done so already. Not everyone can go out and take a very specific type of picture on little notice though. Also, since I'm shooting film it'll take at least a few days to do the developing and printing, since I tend to do it in batches to not waste chemicals.

I agree with foot head here. If it's a two week schedule then I'd need more time to go out and take a photo than I would need to vote on photos.

I'd suggest the following timeline
Thursday 14th theme is announced in a thread for submissions.
Thursday 21st submissions close voting begins.
Tuesday 26th voting closes. The winner is announced.
Thursday 28th a new competition opens with a new theme.

That's 7days for entry, 5 days for voting including week days and weekends so there shouldn't be a case where someone is excluded if they only visit in the week or only visit at weekends. And that leaves a couple of days to figure out the next theme.

For what it's worth I like the abandoned places theme, but agree it's going to be very tricky!

I agree with foot head here. If it's a two week schedule then I'd need more time to go out and take a photo than I would need to vote on photos.

I'd suggest the following timeline
Thursday 14th theme is announced in a thread for submissions.
Thursday 21st submissions close voting begins.
Tuesday 26th voting closes. The winner is announced.
Thursday 28th a new competition opens with a new theme.

That's 7days for entry, 5 days for voting including week days and weekends so there shouldn't be a case where someone is excluded if they only visit in the week or only visit at weekends. And that leaves a couple of days to figure out the next theme.

For what it's worth I like the abandoned places theme, but agree it's going to be very tricky!

For this month, we will do this except one part, and that is: Thursday 14th theme is announced in a thread for submissions. Reason being because people can start now, and it'll you all a bit more time. Great idea, but why do you pick Thursdays? Just curious.

Thursday, because it includes both weekends and weekdays. I'm excited about these things if we can keep them going. I don't know how often I'll be able to enter, but hopefully I'll find some time to get out and take some pics. Maybe it will finally motivate me to go out and use my camera, something I've been wanting to do for some time now...LOL

Also, how much editing is too much? Is this? For the record I wanted to go for an 'old picture' look. It didn't turn out quite as nice as I'd hoped, but I just want to use this as an example. This was actually all done within photobucket's website.

Original:
IMG_1001.jpg

Edit:
e2c9a04d-2e5d-4865-b051-1ff8f37131fe_zps3f9b797d.jpg

Last edited:
I pick Thursday because.

I suspect that most people will take photos at weekends, It allows people to have a think about what they are doing and where they are going. perhaps make a special visit to a place to take a photo.

I doubt that I'd be able to enter often also, but entering occasionally is good enough.

if everyone entered occasionally it'd be a reasonably successful series of threads.

Thursday, because it includes both weekends and weekdays. I'm excited about these things if we can keep them going. I don't know how often I'll be able to enter, but hopefully I'll find some time to get out and take some pics. Maybe it will finally motivate me to go out and use my camera, something I've been wanting to do for some time now...LOL

Also, how much editing is too much? Is this? For the record I wanted to go for an 'old picture' look. It didn't turn out quite as nice as I'd hoped, but I just want to use this as an example. This was actually all done within photobucket's website.
You can use the second one, but my opinion is the original is much better.
Original:
IMG_1001.jpg

Edit:
e2c9a04d-2e5d-4865-b051-1ff8f37131fe_zps3f9b797d.jpg

I pick Thursday because.

I suspect that most people will take photos at weekends, It allows people to have a think about what they are doing and where they are going. perhaps make a special visit to a place to take a photo.

I doubt that I'd be able to enter often also, but entering occasionally is good enough.

if everyone entered occasionally it'd be a reasonably successful series of threads.

Ok, sounds good then. I'll get to adding the new thread soon.

That's not my entry by the way....and you didn't actually answer my question...is that too much editing?

Back
Top Bottom