G Router

Vettecor

Solid State Member
I have a G router that has been great for about 8 years. Constantly resetting router in last 3 days, so I think it might be time for a new one.

If I buy a new N Router will it work with my OLDER computers and printers.

I have one XP computer, 1 Vista computer, 1 Windows 7 computer, and 1 Windows 8 computer ?

Thanks

Hi Vettecor

you'll get up to double the speed (or more) of a Wireless-G connection, in theory with a Wireless-N and you should have no compatibility problems :)

N Routers are backwards compatible to G. Shop carefully for new hardware. Some are still using the pre N standards.

Thanks guys for your help. How will I know if the router is pre N standard ?

I have about $75.00 to spend on a router. Can you recommend a good router for that price ?

The only game that anybody plays on a computer is solitaire. Most of us just check e-mails and surf the internet, and print documents. We do watch and play videos, DVD, CD, etc.

Thanks again

Just ordered a TP-Link TL-WDR4300 Router. It took me a few weeks to decide on the TL-Link router.

When you look at reviews for routers it seems like for every 2 or 3 routers that have a positive review, there is 1 negative review. Hope the new router works well for my G devices as well as my 2 new Windows 8 Computers.

Thanks guys for your help.

When you look at reviews for routers it seems like for every 2 or 3 routers that have a positive review, there is 1 negative review. Hope the new router works well for my G devices as well as my 2 new Windows 8 Computers.

Thanks guys for your help.

I personally believe that's because most people who claim to be experts really don't know how to configure a router so they cause their own headaches because they mis-configured the router.

And while I didn't help you, on the behalf of those who did, you're welcome!

Back
Top Bottom