Pc Switch **Important**

justykumbusty

Baseband Member
Hello,
I have both a Dell Dimension 2400 and a Sony Vaio Pcv-Rs650. I need to know which one will run windows 7 better, they both have 512mb ram, hardrives arent a problem as i can just switch them, i just need to know which one is better- i can also switch parts. Please help urgent- thanks

Can you post the full specs of each system? Based on a quick Google, it doesn't look like either one would run Windows 7 all that well, if at all.

yeah sure, i just need it to download- i have a custom rig that can take over the world

Dimension 2400- Documentation

Sony- 300w power supply, 512mb ram- nVIDIA TNT2 M64 - 2 60gb hd`s, 2 dvd/cd slots, pentium 4

I know, i just want to know which one would run 7 better

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

or, which would run XP better or linux

They're both about the same. Unless we know the exact specs of each one, there is no way to determine which one would be better.

ok, would you think since the sony has a video card and has a 300w i should go with that or dell, all i need is dell or sony answer

I don't know. Nobody can help you unless you tell us the full specs of the system.

What processor does each system have? What is the speed of the processor?

Online documentation doesn't tell us much of anything about your system. Yours could be different.

If you're building a download box, I would go with the one with the best processor. See if you can transplant the RAM from one into the other as well. Basically frankenstein a system out of both.

It's going to depend on the CPU.

The vid card and pwer supply aren't nearly as important as RAM and CPU.

Back
Top Bottom