Software recommendation needed

PCmaster2013

Solid State Member
I recently bought an Avermedia HD game capture device, not for capturing games as it was intended for, but rather to capture HD contend from my camcorder etc. It works fantastic and I am very satisfied with it. It really does everything as advertized. But I must say the image is not as good as the same image through an HDMI cable. That while it is said it will capture at up to 1080i, 720P through an HDMI cable does look better. But I'm satisfied anyway, much better than SD.

Sorry for all the babble, here is my question. What is the best software I can get to write a AVI file to a DVD-R? I want the best possible resolution. Currently I use Nero 7 Ultra. It does a great job image wise, but when playing back the dvd on my dvd-player it is not in 16:9 There might be settings and so to play with, but I do want something specifically designed for this kind of task. I prefer a free download as there are so many free programs out there, but I am prepared to pay for a program that it outstanding for a good price.

Thanks

I will, thanks. I have decided for now to just write these AVI files directly to a disk as data after doing some reading on the matter. What I do want now is video editing software.

Thanks. I'm going to try Machete Lite at least. I might need it to join AVI files as I see my Avermedia device is not so perfect. Seems I will have to record in sessions.
I just got the message ''source video resolution changed, restart process'' This thing is going to give me grey hairs!!

Thanks all that helped. I've found the right software. Just a question about bitrate remains..

Can someone please explain bitrate to me?
I have for example a 1920X1080 AVI video, 50fps, at 15000 bitrate. If I create the same video in the same 1920X1080 resolution and at the same 50fps, but this time at a 10000 bitrate, I can't see any difference in quality. Only the size on the newly created video is about 67% the size of the 15000 bitrate video

At what bitrate will this video, if you keep the resolution and fps the same, effectively become SD video?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom