• No

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dale

Daemon Poster
I am undecided, especially now that Disney owns it. But will probably succumb to the dark force and watch it in cinema in the end.

How about you? :)

I've seen all the others so, yes, I would go watch it. We were told there were 9 episodes so I want to see all 9 episodes!

Yes, same mentality here!

I could not follow the Ewoks series though...

Who's it going to be staring, Mickey Mouse with Minnie as his love interest and Donald Duck as Barf Vader?

JJ Abrams is directing (he did all the star trek movies). Also don't forget Disney did some other stuff like the Pirates of the Carribean series/Lone Ranger/TRON - not saying they are good or bad, just saying that aren't all fluff/animated/princess moives.

There is also talk about going the "Avengers" route and putting out some movies focusing on each character (like how Iron Man/Captain America/Thor each have their own movie and then The Avengers where they are all together).

JJ Abrams is directing (he did all the star trek movies). Also don't forget Disney did some other stuff like the Pirates of the Carribean series/Lone Ranger/TRON - not saying they are good or bad, just saying that aren't all fluff/animated/princess moives.

There is also talk about going the "Avengers" route and putting out some movies focusing on each character (like how Iron Man/Captain America/Thor each have their own movie and then The Avengers where they are all together).

I won't watch the new star wars if it is from disney, Thanks for the heads up:flowers: Now no Avengers, seeing how good the first one was, I can't wait for #2 to get here.

Not that worried about the fluffiness actually, but the pure, romantic elements that were in episodes IV, V, VI; still traceable in I and II; almost completely gone -- but still there in III. Some of the elements just don't work in reality (even imaginary reality), but are extremely cool to have: cape and swords of light; inexperienced young hero saving the world on his own with a one in a million shot; some farm kid nobody from a remote village becoming kung fu master, only it is not kung fu, but better! etc. I don't want these things lost... :(

There is such a cult following around Star Wars that I wouldn't want to be in the postition to try to revive the series. No matter what the movie turns out to be, there are going to be people who pick it apart. They (Abrams/Disney) could put out a perfect movie that would be awesome, but because it will always be compared to the original - and people will always say 'nothing beats the origianl'. I would not want the pressure they are going to be under to do this movie. However, seeing them spin-off movies about each character would be awesome. They say that Yoda will be the first one, though what part of his 900 year life they are going to do is still undetermined. There's alot of talk about doing Hans Solo too, before the time he shows up in the movies.

I think focusing on character development is the right path. Probably also the safest path both commercially and sentimentally, in respect to the lore. They got episodes VIII and IX to cater for, so don't want to piss off the fans as early as episode VII! :D

My favourite character is Qui-Gon Jinn, who has a very different POV from the Council that actually prevented him from joining the Council. So I am interested in his personal stories.

And Obi-Wan Kenobi's development, too, I guess -- a huge gap there, from the desolated young man since Qui-Gon Jinn's death to Anakin Skywalker's father-mentor; and the sad Old Ben who went off living in the desert. Many interesting stories there. :)

Back
Top Bottom