Hate Windows 8?

They didn't really take away the start button.

The metro screen IS the start menu.

You can access the metro screen either by leaving it as the standard desktop. or by pressing the windows key. I haven't tried ctrl+escape but this usually serves just like a windows key.

Or by moving the mouse to where the start button should be, (bottom left) where a little icon of the metro screen, (your start menu) will appear.

clicking the start menu or pressing the windows key takes you to the metro screen where all your apps are laid out as icons.

now the really funny thing is.
I can see MS in the future deciding that grouping icons is a good idea.
and so allowing application folders just like the iphone/ipad has.

then we'll have a screen where application icons live in little boxes that can be expanded/contracted. and launched by clicking on them.

we'll be able to put the icon tiles any where in our program manager (sorry metro screen), and simply use a scroll bar to move across the screen to see the apps that we placed outside the screen.

and when this OS is release, I hope they call it windows three to the power of two instead of windows 9.
because it's going to pretty much look and feel exactly like a modernised version of windows 3.11!

Ill be honest at first i liked windows 7 premium but now i like windows 8 better after taking awhile to learn how to use it but truly it all comes down to ones preference.

Here's how to restore the Windows start bar that was replaced by Metro in the developer preview for Windows 8... don't worry you can turn metro back on easily.

Instructions:
1. Press Win+R to launch the "Run Application"
2. Type "regedit" into it (don't include quotation marks)
3. Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
4. Double Click on "RPEnabled" and set the value to 0
5. Restart your computer :)

I still hate Windows 8 since it was developed for a tablet style interface

I am playing with Windows eight in Microsoft Virtual PC.

Does anyone know how to get rid of that stupid metro start screen that should ONLY appear on phones, and have a "normal" start menu?

It is so pissing me off to the max!

I am playing with Windows eight in Microsoft Virtual PC.

Does anyone know how to get rid of that stupid metro start screen that should ONLY appear on phones, and have a "normal" start menu?

It is so pissing me off to the max!
Haha I know how you feel. Yes there is an option to get ride of that crap, but you will have to get a mod that will give you a start menu, like win 7. Want me to find it?

i played around with 8 and microsoft could have done better.

like leaving the metro sreen for phones and having a real start menu, that could be an option at install.

8 stinks more then vista.

If you don't like ..No problem. Every body has own opinion. However, I like windows 8. Here are it's performance test.
Startup Time:
Windows 8: 18 Sec
Windows 7: 27 Sec
Shutdown Time:
Windows 8: 8 Sec
Windows 7: 12 Sec.
Wake-up From Sleep:
Windows 8: 10 Sec
Windows 7: 13 Sec.

Back
Top Bottom