Search for unanswered threads

Any update on this?

I don't mean to hurry anyone, but rather just hope to know what the Site Team thinks about this idea and if it might be considered.

Thanks and cheers. :)

Any update on this?

I don't mean to hurry anyone, but rather just hope to know what the Site Team thinks about this idea and if it might be considered.

Thanks and cheers. :)

I think this would be a very useful and much used addition to CF.

What about giving the OP the ability to close/lock their own threads when their question is answered? Then add a search for all unlocked threads?

What about giving the OP the ability to close/lock their own threads when their question is answered? Then add a search for all unlocked threads?

No. We've found that closing threads when a question is answered isn't always a good thing. Google a computer issue of any kind and you'll likely find a hundred threads with the problem, and many of them will have a post after the OP's been satisfied saying "I've done all this but I still have the problem". Forcing the thread to be closed kills a great jumping off point for the new guy.

No. We've found that closing threads when a question is answered isn't always a good thing. Google a computer issue of any kind and you'll likely find a hundred threads with the problem, and many of them will have a post after the OP's been satisfied saying "I've done all this but I still have the problem". Forcing the thread to be closed kills a great jumping off point for the new guy.

But surely if you close the thread and start a new one it will help you climb the ladder of Google because it is another post with the issue and people can focus again on 1 thread I myself do not bother reading threads that are ongoing as there is too much literature to read there for it will discourage new comers right?
Kind Regards

But surely if you close the thread and start a new one it will help you climb the ladder of Google because it is another post with the issue and people can focus again on 1 thread I myself do not bother reading threads that are ongoing as there is too much literature to read there for it will discourage new comers right?
Kind Regards

It doesn't discourage new members, In fact a lot of old threads attract guests and members are viewing them which is good because we are getting a lot of people come through.

Back
Top Bottom