Search for unanswered threads

dale

Daemon Poster
I'm not familiar with VB, but I think this is doable.

Since many of the threads here are help-oriented, perhaps it would be useful to have a link up above right next to "New Posts", which shows a list of "Unanswered Threads".

Just so when people are feeling helpful, they get to see who has asked a question and no one has got to it yet. :D

Seems it's a template edit. The link would then call for a php module(for lack of better terms) that looks for threads with 0 reply's.
I would imagine that would be server intensive if you have not only members but guests and bots looking for 0 reply threads.
As far as I can tell there aren't too many 0 reply threads. The vast majority of threads get a reply from some one here at some point in time. I would venture the unanswered threads are very old, odd stuff that's out of the scope of this forum, or spam.

Good point, I didn't think of that. Maybe also a search condition for threads within two weeks or so on top of 0 reply.

setishock said:
Seems it's a template edit. The link would then call for a php module(for lack of better terms) that looks for threads with 0 reply's.
I would imagine that would be server intensive if you have not only members but guests and bots looking for 0 reply threads.
As far as I can tell there aren't too many 0 reply threads. The vast majority of threads get a reply from some one here at some point in time. I would venture the unanswered threads are very old, odd stuff that's out of the scope of this forum, or spam.

Maybe SETI they can make it so only members can search for threads with 0 posts..

That part should be all right. At the moment search access is a member-only access I think? So it is a matter of adding link for criteria like do=process&replyless=1&replylimit=0 (which I am not sure why it is not working, I must have done something wrong) -- and maybe a time critieria, for search.php.

yes but some genuine posts get missed or unanswed I put 2 theads up and the only 2 I ever posted never got 1 reply so this would be very useful to members and maybe post might get seen and answerd!

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

I'm not familiar with VB, but I think this is doable.

Since many of the threads here are help-oriented, perhaps it would be useful to have a link up above right next to "New Posts", which shows a list of "Unanswered Threads".

Just so when people are feeling helpful, they get to see who has asked a question and no one has got to it yet. :D

good thead Dale never thought of suggesting it myself but could not have put it in a better way great thread :)

Back
Top Bottom