Buggered hard drive and slow windows (urgent)

thomas49th

In Runtime
Hi, I don't have much time to mess around and I came here to know if anyone is familiar with this problem.

I have 3 HDDs (3TB, 1TB, 640GB) and 1 SSD (256gb).

Windows 8 was doing an update then the power failed. I guess it was about time something like that actually causes a screw up.

Anyway on the restart windows would just hang at the windows splash screen with the circular dots going round and round and round. After removing the 640GB windows boots nice and fast.

I turn off the computer. Remove the 1TB SATA connector and stick that into the 640GB. It boots into windows, instantly actually (next to no wait time on the splash screen), which is unusual even for my ssd. Anyway, there is a desktop and a explorer takes about 10 min to load.

Anyway, goto my computer and B disk is there, but with no capacity bar, and when I attempt to access it in explorer I get "B:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect".

http://gyazo.com/0dcc511408248b22e170cf5093c58e88

Doesn't seem I can access the disk management utility in computer management (just says connecting to virtual disk service indefinitely).

The drive may be broken (infact this is a 2010 warranty replacement for a 2007 drive from WD), but I'm not convinced yet. Might need it's address tables sorting out. A format might solve it. As I can detect the disk I could probably use get data back and grab it all, except that takes an age.

What do people think? Any suggestions. I haven't really got a lot of time on my hands

Thanks
Thomas

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom