PCI Express Video Capture Card not Capturing Sky+ Content

tommysg

Beta member
I've fitted the PCI Express Video Capture Card for HDMI, DVI and Component - 1080p from StarTech. I connected the card to the box using an HDMI cable.

I can view the Sky+ content but when I hit the red button the content is lost on the screen and replaced with 'Copy Protected Content - HDCP'.

I'm not very computer literate, but there has to be a way of being able to record Sky+ programs. I'll compromise on quality and lose the HD if need be.

There error you are getting is because you are trying to record copy-write protected content. Sky+ does not want you to record this content and therefore we can not help you at this forum.

It's sensing the capture device and locking you out. You're not going to be allowed to capture copyrighted material.
With any premium service you can watch but not record. TIVO and boxes provided by sat and cable companies can as they don't have a way to dump the content to another storage device. That satisfies the DRM and other copyright restrictions.
But as for attaching a capture card to your TV and trying to snitch premium services, with HDCP in place, ain't happening.

Yeah, most 1080p signals are encryped so you are s*it out of luck there.

I do know a way of getting around it that is easy, but I cant post it here

Back
Top Bottom