Facebook - A Very Dangerous Place

WYSIWUG

In Runtime
10% of all break up's and Divorce's are Facebook's fault. Not the site itself, what people do on it.

If you want to find out info about someone that they dont want to tell you then what better place then Facebook. People put more then they want on there wall, and they don't know it.

I stopped after discovering this.

Your veiw?

Unfriend that person, Have all privacy settings set to friends only so that no one that isn't suppose to can see it.

They say that Facebook causes a heap of problems, well if people didn't put stupid stuff up on there it would be fine..

I find Facebook perfectly fine and safe.

It's the content that people don't realise is an issue until it's too late that's the problem.

Example: I'm alone watching a film.
(a post by the same person moments later)
Off to the pub.

Excuse the somewhat bad example but the point remains, if people put every move they make available for the world to see then things are going to go wrong for them.

Mossiac

2 rules i follow.

1; Only befriend people you actually relate to or know more then just "a friends friend" or someone you have met 1 time to that party. i have 40 friends on my facebook. that's all the people i care about.

2; think before posting anything.

Think before you post anything is pretty much the advice that I'd give.

There are stories of divorces and breakups because of what's been done on facebook.
There are stories of people not getting jobs due to potential employers searching for them and finding pictures of them drunk/stoned on facebook.
and I know for sure that in the company that I work for someone letting something slip on facebook led to them being sacked.

2 rules i follow.

1; Only befriend people you actually relate to or know more then just "a friends friend" or someone you have met 1 time to that party. i have 40 friends on my facebook. that's all the people i care about.

2; think before posting anything.

I only accept friends for people I know - If you send to many friend requests to randoms and people you continuously send them to Facebook will block you from sending friend request for 1 week or a whole month.

I always I think about what I write, I was have it set so only friends see my stuff..

i restrict mine so that only my friends can see everything and even then i only add/accept people i know of. dont have to be best buds with them or anything, but wont add a total stranger.

cant see facebook causing a problem as long as you know who can see what.

10% of all break up's and Divorce's are Facebook's fault. Not the site itself, what people do on it.

If you want to find out info about someone that they dont want to tell you then what better place then Facebook. People put more then they want on there wall, and they don't know it.

I stopped after discovering this.

Your veiw?
You should understand how the site works, if you are stupid enough to post things for all to see..... well bad luck ....your own fault.

There is different privacy settings to utilize.
I mainly use family settings & maybe friends occasionally, depends on what I want to share with who.

Then again I have two accounts, the other one is for public sharing non personal info.

Last edited:
I don't use facebook, PERIOD. I hate it... No privacy, No fun. I hate it.

This is what I do with it: :stop: :trash:

Back
Top Bottom