Rate my future gaming rig

syke321

Beta member
I am planning to buy the rig below. Just wanted advice on if it can play certain games I.e far cry 3,skyrim,crysis 2 (am aiming for ultra) also wanted to use for video editing ie avid just looking for general advice if this is a good system.

CoolerMaster Dominator CM-692 Mid-Tower Gaming Case
CPU: Intel® Core™ Quad Core i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Cache LGA1155
HDD: 2TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) PC16000 DDR3/1866mhz Dual Channel Memory Kingston HyperX Predator w/Heat Spreader)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Intel Z77 Chipset, CrossFire / SLI supported, ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, Virtu MVP,THX TruStudio 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 1x PCIe x1 & 3 PCI
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA) X2 sli
Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator (Asetek CPU Water Cooling
120GB Corsair Force Series GT SATA III Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (Single Hard Drive)

Yea, you'll be able to play whatever you want on ultra. That built is awesome but pure overkill, I would give for that build. Mine was on a very tight budget but I managed to successfully make a rig under 900$(including gaming mouse/keyboard/monitor) that can play anything on ultra at above 40FPS.

I am planning to buy the rig below. Just wanted advice on if it can play certain games I.e far cry 3,skyrim,crysis 2 (am aiming for ultra) also wanted to use for video editing ie avid just looking for general advice if this is a good system.

CoolerMaster Dominator CM-692 Mid-Tower Gaming Case
CPU: Intel® Core™ Quad Core i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Cache LGA1155
HDD: 2TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) PC16000 DDR3/1866mhz Dual Channel Memory Kingston HyperX Predator w/Heat Spreader)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Intel Z77 Chipset, CrossFire / SLI supported, ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, Virtu MVP,THX TruStudio 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 1x PCIe x1 & 3 PCI
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA) X2 sli
Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator (Asetek CPU Water Cooling
120GB Corsair Force Series GT SATA III Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (Single Hard Drive)

I would get a ssd drive for the is if you have the budget for it.

if you're going with all in one liquid cooling, go for a thicker radiator like the 570 model or a corsair H80i, it'll keep your processor cooler. Also, if you're going to mount this where the exhaust fan normally goes, you'll loose the ability to mount a fan in the top slot of the door. if you decide to mount to the top, you may lose the ability to mount a fan on the rear as well as the door fan. Depending on exactly how tall the case is and on whether you decide to use "push/pull" or "push or pull" fan config.

if you plan to mount the cooler to the top, and don't care about losing a few fan mounts, DEFINITELY look into getting the corsair H100i. It's twice as long, 120x240mm, and offers more cooling power.

Back
Top Bottom