Hacked

Respectfully, I disagree that we cannot help in any way.

The reason that I say this is that most ordinary police stations do not have the resource, or training to deal with this kind of incident.

I think we've all heard the now pretty famous story of the guy who had his iphone stolen, and whilst he could go to the police and report the theft, and even tell then where the phone was in real time using the find my phone feature the police were still pretty slow to act.

I am not anti establishment, I don't believe that the police are stupid.
but just like when this forum was hacked, it's not like there is going to be a global and concerted effort unless you push the agenda.

On the page where you found out that someone logged onto your facebook using an iphone 5 (not sure how you did this, my facebook security page only lists the session as on facebook for IOS on IOS 6 (that means using the facebook app, on an iphone running ios 6).

The information that you are given on that page will say:
last accessed: time/date
device type: browser/OS

if you however your mouse over the location you'll find an IP address appears in a little pop-up box.
When you go to the police you should also tell them this information.

What is the email that you use?
Yahoo/Hotmail/Gmail etc.

There may be various features in those to see when your email has been logged on to and from where.

Clearly if you're a customer of a particular ISP then you expect to be logging on from there, and maybe from your mobile phone provider also etc,
but you don't expect someone else's address, or a different cell providers network.

if you can prove to the police when you go to them that someone has been accessing your email, and give times and dates, and the name of the ISP that they would have to contact to find out who it is that has been doing this. -you'll get a lot further than just going into a police station and saying I think that someone has been looking at my email.

Back
Top Bottom