Anyone seen or heard this about Skype?

BK_123

Golden Master
Hi all, Apparently Skype will be closed to down because there are too many members and people are complaining about how slow it is. I am thinking it is a hoax of some kind..

[2/02/2013 9:03 PM] On 1/02/2013, at 10:45 AM, whileloop wrote:
><< <<< Hi , this is a message from the creator of Skype and it tells you a little bit about what is going to happen to Skype on the 15th of March. Please don't send this back to the person you recieved it from. Dear Skype members, Skype is supposed to be closing down March 15th because it is becoming very overpopulated. There have been many members complaining that Skype is becoming very slow. Records show that there are many active Skype members and also many new members. We will be sending this message around to see if members are active or not. If you are active please send to 15 other users using copy+paste to show that you are still active. *Those who do not send this message within 2 weeks will be deleted without hesitation to make more space. Send this message to all of your friends to show that you are still active and you will not be deleted. Founder of Skype...Remember to send this to 15 other people so your account wont be deleted— Harry Holt, Today 3:03 PM

Yeah, Skype wouldn't just shutdown because of that, I'd imagine that they would buy more servers or do something like that..

It is usually a vehicle for deploying malware. There would be a file attached to the message.

Send to 'X' number of people to mark your account as active = always a hoax.

If you are active please send to 15 other users using copy+paste to show that you are still active. *Those who do not send this message within 2 weeks will be deleted without hesitation to make more space. Send this message to all of your friends to show that you are still active and you will not be deleted. Founder of Skype...Remember to send this to 15 other people so your account wont be deleted— Harry Holt, Today 3:03 PM
It's a flipping chain letter.
Send this to 15 of your friends or something horrible will happen to you in 2 weeks.
It's crap...

Skype is not closing down.

it's MSN messenger that is closing down.

the reason that MSN messenger is closing down is that skype is technically better, Microsoft owns both and only sees a future in skype,

Skype is not closing down.

it's MSN messenger that is closing down.

the reason that MSN messenger is closing down is that skype is technically better, Microsoft owns both and only sees a future in skype,

Yes I knew that MSN and Skype were being merged as one, I only posted this to see what people said as I had received it..

Back
Top Bottom