New Computer Build!! (Start building Tomorrow)

niceties55

Daemon Poster
Tomorrow I get the last part to my new computer build!!

Shuttle SZ77R5
Intel i7 3770k Ivy Bridge
Intel 160 SSD X25-M
WD 1TB Drive
LG Bluray/HD-DVD(yes I know its an obsolete format, but I chose this because we have some of these disks left because they are cheaper then DVD and better quality)
Intel Mini PCI Express Wifi/Bluetooth Combo and Antenna
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHZ
Diamond TVW750USB ATI Theater HD 750 TV Tuner with Digital TV Antenna
Rosewill USB 3.0 Internal Card Reader
Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard
Microsoft Touch Mouse
Windows 8 Professional
23 inch LED Asus Monitor

My intentions for this PC is a mix of Gaming, Video Editing/Photo Editor, and Home Theater PC!

What do you all think???

Last edited:
Tomorrow I get the last part to my new computer build!!

Shuttle SZ77R5
Intel i7 3770k Ivy Bridge
Intel 160 SSD X25-M
WD 1TB Drive
LG Bluray/HD-DVD(yes I know its an obsolete format, but I chose this because we have some of these disks left because they are cheaper then DVD and better quality)
Intel Mini PCI Express Wifi/Bluetooth Combo and Antenna
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHZ
Diamond TVW750USB ATI Theater HD 750 TV Tuner with Digital TV Antenna
Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard
Microsoft Touch Mouse
Windows 8 Professional
23 inch LED Asus Monitor

My intentions for this PC is a mix of Gaming, Video Editing/Photo Editor, and Home Theater PC!

What do you all think???
I think you have a great pc, BUT. It is complete over kill. 16gb DDr3 won't be needed for years to come, and when it is needed, DDR4, or even 5 will be out, and then you won't want DDR3 anymore. i7 is a good choice. I didn't see your PSU anywhere? Other then that, nice computer. No no, AMAZING computer.

Thanks!! Well I do a lot of Photoshop and Premiere work and they said that those products use all the RAM you throw at it :)

Sorry! PSU is the:

Stock Shuttle 500w Bronze PSU
Stock Shuttle Motherboard

Last edited:
Thanks!! Well I do a lot of Photoshop and Premiere work and they said that those products use all the RAM you throw at it :)

Sorry! PSU is the:

Stock Shuttle 500w Bronze PSU
Stock Shuttle Motherboard

Well whom ever told you that, just said it so you spend more money on ram, that is not needed at all. But you won't need to upgrade for years to come tho:)
That PSU... I see problems down the road. 500W is bad for such a computer. You would need at least 600, 650 to be safe. But I'm jealous, such n awesome computer, Good luck.

Last edited:
So then, did you still use 16gb of ram? And I'm very happy you like your computer. Wish best of luck it stays that way:)

Yep I still did, because I ordered it a while ago(got it all as cheap as I can get) so too late to return (but still 70 for 16gig isn't bad) and running some sweet stuff on it and it's doing well:)

Back
Top Bottom