Suggestions for new tower.

cruzinZ

Beta member
Hello,

First I have not purchased anything yet. I'm still deciding on what to get. What I'm thinking of right now is the following:

Intel i7-3820
Intel BOXDX79SI
Nvidia GeForce GTX660Ti
G.SKILL (2x8GB) DDR3

Any suggestions for power supply & tower & QUIET fans? I DO NOT want a neon blue/red/orange/green glowing case. Flashy designs are okay BUT I'm not willing to fork out a lot of extra money on looks of the case. I'd rather put that money to double the ram of the machine to 32GB.

In the future I plan on using the computer for 3D design programs. For now I'm going to use it as a gaming machine and overkill for web-surfing duties.

Any suggestions for a power supply? Last time I built a computer was about 12 years ago. So much has changed. With a system like I have listed above what kind of power requirements do you think would run the system? 500 watts, 750 watts?

One of the Thermaltake modulor power supplies would be a good chioce. Any unneeded cables will no longer clog up the case especially as your looking at something like a 600 - 750 watt PSU minimum.

Mossisc

Any suggestions for a power supply? Last time I built a computer was about 12 years ago. So much has changed. With a system like I have listed above what kind of power requirements do you think would run the system? 500 watts, 750 watts?

650 watts is what you need for your build. Also I recommend you don't get 16 gb's of RAM. Get 8, the is all you will ever need until DDR4 or DDR5 comes out.

Back
Top Bottom