Tablet Build

csovde

Solid State Member
Hello all, I've decided that since tablets are a big thing that I want to build my own. Its something that once I have collected my resouces I will upload vids to youtube and show how i did it. one thing I'm having trouble finding is a place online that sells minimum 15 inch widescreen touch panels. It would have to be usb to make that part easier, I'm pretty much just aking for help finding one. My preference it capacitive and there has to be at least 5 touch points. I would really like the help. Also i have plenty of extra laptops for the conversion that support a 32 bit system but im not sure if i should use them on account of 64 bit being A) better and B) more widely used anymore. Although i probably wouldn't need that extra ability since it will be a tablet.

Not sure where to get the touch screen ebuyer or ebay maybe.

Though I would make it a 64-bit tablet, mostly because if you are going to do it yourself might as well future proof it.

Mossiac

Actually good news i have found a digitzer that should work at alibaba.com and as for the system i don't know for sure i will because the processor in the laptop i have for it only works with 32 bit but i believe it can upgrade to one thats supports 64 bit but not sure. The computer ill more than likely use is the hp compaq nx7400.

1> Those screens are not cheap.
2> It has to connect to the motherboard just the same as the old one did or it won't decode the image right.
3> The touch encoder has to have an output format the OS will understand. Think optical mouse.
4> It's going to eat batteries like they're going out of style.
5> It's going to have some wieght to it.
6> You want 64bit cpu you have to have a 64bit board.
Go buy one. Save the frustration...

I was actually just going to buy a touch panel separate from the lcd panel from njytouch because alibaba wasn't quite gonna work for me. So the lcd will be covered and the touch panel will be USB.
so 1,2, and 3 are covered. 5 I'm not really concerned about since it entirely going to be a tablet for me that will probably weigh close to 6 lbs and a screen measuring 15.4". I'm also not entirely sure about it supporting a 64 bit system but i will use it if i can. Also i'm kind of looking forward to the challenge of building one. As a good friend of mine once said "Don't be hatin'!!"
Also I'm just trying to live in such a manner that when my life flashes before my eyes, it'll be worth watching.

Last edited:
Who's hatin?
Just pointing out some things you might not have though of.
Sorry I'll leave you alone. Ignore enabled.

Sounds like an interesting project. Be sure to post some pics of your progress as well as the final result.

Back
Top Bottom