Biggggg Problem guysz....

KJLai

In Runtime
OHHKAYY!! soooo my laptop, meh sony something.. its an E series. Everytime i turn it on, the CPU Usage is 100%... I have end task/process all the programs i dont use, and it is still 100%. I only have chrome up and maybe some times microsoft onenote up to take notes. And it completely lagss the hell out of me. Anyone know why this is happening?? Please let me know what I can do to lower the cpu %

Thanks!!

KLai

Good question Dale, I really dont know! =[ =[ =[ I will screenshot it tomorrow and post it up, its kinda late for me to do it right now. Should i SS the processes??

Plus my PC right now is only using about 80% of CPU.. still high, idk why its like that.

Actually Ill SS my PC one right now

ccSvcHst.exe is your largest user.

Do you use Norton Internet Security or Norton Antivirus?

Hey I've just seen this from another forum, take a look.

Another Forum said:
After months of trying to find why my computer hangs up or slows down drastically due to Norton's' AntiVirus files, CCSVCHST.EXE and/or NPROTECT.EXE, I seemd to solve my problem as follows. . The Task Manager Performance Tab, will show the monitor moving images to sometimes be normal, but after a while the monitor will show CPU usage of 90-100% by one of the above files although not both at the same time. I tried everything including many ideas from the forums. Then I read to disable Norton's Antivirus in the lower right bottom in the Notification area. You can disable it for 15 minutes, by the hour, by the next restart or permanently. If you disable it permanently, then on the next restart you will get a warning that the Firewall is now disabled, so I disabled Norton's Antivirus option until the "next shut-down (re- start)" . When I did that and all rebooted and the applications settled down, the Task Manger showed normal usage, the Norton's CCSVCHST.EXE was normal, low, and all worked ok. I have kept the computer on for days, and booted periodically, and all seemed ok now, in other words what seems to be the solution for me anyway. Effectively, it turned out to be a RESET. IOW, the solution turned out to be simple, but that of course is after the fact of a lot of frustration. For some reason, this CCSVCHST.EXE triggered a continuous never ending running cycle thus the CPU hogs resources. One important addition. Desktop Icon, Norton Protection Recycle Bin, Norton Protection Tab, I cleared the box "Enable Protection". This latter might not be important, but I rely on back ups.

But realistically Norton is terrible anyway, remove it and get AVG Free or Avast.

Hey I've just seen this from another forum, take a look.

But realistically Norton is terrible anyway, remove it and get AVG Free or Avast.

ssc456, Thanks man, that was the problem. On both my PC and laptop. Now my laptop is perfectly better than before it is now sitting between 20-50% which i think its better now. THANKS !!!!!

KLai

Back
Top Bottom