hp Laptop power issue

enothor

Beta member
I have an HP g62x-400. The original problem was a frayed LVDS cable. I replaced the cable and it came on and worked. I reassembled the laptop and when I went to turn it on all I received was a brief flash from the power button light. Every three seconds it tries to turn itself on again. The fan makes about a 40 degree spin and the power light flashes and it's off again. This repeats until I unplug it and remove the battery.

Currently I have it stripped down to just the board, power button and power cable...still the same. I have checked the three small fuses I was able to locate on the mobo, and they tested fine. The board # is DAAX1JMB8C0 Rev C. I am a skilled solderer and repairman, so feel free to shoot out any ideas. Thanx

Blown capacitor or other such like component.

But if you want to start with the easier stuff look at all the power connectors.

Mossiac

What do you mean by look at the power connections?

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

I've tried different adapters and tested the input levels at the AC jack plug.

The solder joins and such. Basically trace where the power goes and see if there is anything out of place.

Sounds like a short circuit somewhere. Check all of the RF plates to make sure they are not touching where they're not supposed to be. Also check any wiring for shorts.
If it ran fine last time you had it torn down and then started doing that when you put it back together, it stands to reason it's a reassembley boo boo.
Look close it's easy to miss a plate out of place or a shorted wire.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom