Would this pc build work?

karzyarmycat

Solid State Member
Would this build work?

*GTX 660 2GB
Newegg.com - MSI N660-2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

*i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost quad core
Amazon.com: Intel Core i5-2500K Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80623I52500K: Electronics

*Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA1155 AMD CrossFireX W/HDMI,DVI Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77-D3H
Amazon.com: Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA1155 AMD CrossFireX W/HDMI,DVI Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77-D3H: Computers & Accessories

*PNY Optima 8 GB
Amazon.com: PNY Optima 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Desktop DIMMs Memory Kit MD8192KD3-1333: Electronics
*Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes
Amazon.com: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes (RR-B10-212P-G1): Electronics

*Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM
Amazon.com: Western Digital 500 GB WD Black SATA III 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive: Electronics
*Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive
Amazon.com: Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive (Black): Electronics
*Cooler Master HAF 912 - Mid Tower
Amazon.com: Cooler Master HAF 912 - Mid Tower Computer Case with High Airflow Design (RC-912-KKN1): Electronics

All for $812
and is there anyway to make me save some more or a better card for like 5 dallors more just any advise like that.

And my goal is to play skyrim with 2k textures and sharpshooters enb with at least 30FPS
and be albe to upgrade if needed
my budget is as low as possible but not over 820

ps: i know im pushing it with the skyrim enb and all but what can i say its all i got, and the reason i did not add a power supply is im already getting one from a friend and if it does not work out ill just sell it and buy a new one.

one more thing thanks to anyone who takes the time to post and is not a troll.

i dont need a sound card, do i? and i almost forgot, what about wifi? do motherboards already have a wifi adapter or do i need to buy one.

thanks!

I had one quick question, if i were to not buy a optical drive and after finishing my pc i had to install a os ( windows 7 ) how would i be able to install windows 7 ( lets say i had a disk i got from a friend beacuse they are able to be used on two pcs( am i correct? ) ? or lets say i had no disk and no optical drive how would i do it then usb? but where do i buy the usb version?

sorry if this is confusing but its the best way i can put it in words.

If you don't buy an optical drive you can get a friend to create a bootable USB key, Microsoft has there own windows 7 USB/DVD creator that's allows you to create a USB version to boot from and install from there..

well thanks everyone for helping me i just order my stuff a day ago and it will be here soon can't wait just wanted to say thanks for helping me.

ps, can a mod shut down this post thanks.

Before its locked, if you're near a micro center, buy the CPU there. They usually have a deal like $50 off, but its instore only, not Internet.

Back
Top Bottom