Video capture advice needed

PCmaster2013

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm new on this forum so I have a lot to learn, please bear with me through all my stupid questions:)

I want to capture video in HD on my PC. I know there are a lot of devices. I can just buy a Roxio game capture HD Pro and be done with it...

But I thought, why not while I must spend cash, get a graphics card with built in video capture? Then I will upgrade my graphics performance while at it. ATI once had a ''All in wonder Pro''. I want something like it, just much faster and modern:D

TV capture cards do have a cable dongle with HDMI, component etc inputs. Do you get this for NVIDIA or ATI cards as well? I would prefer to rather get a dedicated graphics card capable of capturing video in HD from a source with component out, rather than installing yeat another device in my pc

Is this possible?
Thanks

What would you guys choose between the following three?
Avermedia darkcrystal
Roxio HD gamecapture
Hauppauge colossus

Or an external device that had usb out to later take to my PC to download.

IMO Roxio is pretty good for me but ive seen many people have problems handling it due to errors and stuff. I like it since it came with editing so i can record/edit without buying any additional software which is nice and most the editing can be done to high grade editing and easily once you learn how to do it. As for the Avermedia it requires more out of your computer. Which sometimes could be a bad thing i used to own one. All around the Roxio is the easiest to use IMO And as for the Hauppauge i haven't bought one yet

Back
Top Bottom