Putting a .srt file into the .avi file

WYSIWUG

In Runtime
How do you put the subtitle file (.srt) into the video file, so I can play it on my dvd player.

In other words, how do you input the subtitles into the video, so you dont need the subtitle file.

AVI is horrendously outdated these days - I don't think it actually supports embeddable subtitles at all, let alone the srt format. I store all of my videos in h264 encoded MKV's, which do a much better job and can embed multiple audio and subtitle tracks without an issue.

Yes i am getting tyied of avi Xvid as well.

But my DVD player can only read .avi Xvid, MP3 video.

[And DVD's of corse]

Then as above, as far as I know there's no way of integrating subtitles directly into the file - it's just not supported in the avi container format.

The program itself works, I can guarantee you that! If it didn't work, then you must be doing something wrong in the process ;)

Do you mean that there's no subs in the file at all (does mediainfo report no subtitle tracks) or they're just not on by default? VLC should also show you the available subtitle tracks.

Berry120 did you get toolnix from bunkus.org? Just wanting to make sure I got the right one from the right source.

Back
Top Bottom