What do you think of this build.

Guillermo Staggs

Baseband Member
Ok so far heres what im looking at for the build. Also it says the cooler master comes with Standard ATX PS2 / EPS 12V power supply would either of those be compatible with my motherboard? And would anyone reccomend a graphics card?

CPU:intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz

Motherboard:ASRock Z77 Extreme3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Memory:Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model KHX16C10B1RK2/16X

Hard drive:Seagate Constellation ES ST1000NM0011 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"Enterprise Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Power supply:CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Case:COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper (SGC-5000-KKN1) Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Optical drive:LG Black 14X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner, Bare Drive, 3D Play Back (WH14NS40) - OEM

Last edited:
can't rely recommend anything without knowing what exactly you plan on doing with the PC and what your budget is.

can't say anything about the PS2 power supply especially since there is absolutely no other information about it in the specs.

If you plan on maxing out high end games on a resolution of 1920x1200 or lower, you really won't need anything better than a Radeon 7970 or a Geforce 670.

If that isn't exactly what you are aiming for, you can check out GPU Tier List | FinitPC for other options. Average prices are based on Newegg.

i7 is fine since you plan on video editing and have a really high budget, otherwise if you feel like you aren't an above average video editor and wanted to save some cash, the i5 3570K is just as good for gaming and still does very well with video related tasks.

750W PSU is a bit overkill unless you are open to the possibility of using SLI or Crossfire in the future or if just don't really care about the price since your budget is high then its perfectly fine. If you stick to one graphics card (which I would ultimately prefer to avoid any possible microstuttering problems and God knows what else) you can easily get away with more of a $100 PSU with around a 600w limit even if you do plan on overclocking as long as it has two 6+2pin PCI-E connectors for high end graphic cards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom