Dell Optiplex GPU question

I want a newer gpu for better gaming performance. i was looking at this onehttp://www.walmart.com/ip/MSI-ATI-Radeon-HD6450-1GB-DDR3-Low-Profile-PCI-Express-Video-Card/17038212 Would it be a good one for games, or should i get a better one? I am willing to spend up to 90 dollars. I dont need anything fancy, just able to run games like Fallout 3 and Black ops.

[ System Slots / SLOT2 ]

[ System Slots / SLOT3 ]

[ System Slots / SLOT4 ]

FYI my optiplex is NOT the newer slim version, it is the old bulky desktop.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

230385444.jpg

There is not any documentation for that from Dell since it is over 7 years old. Manuals and Documents for Optiplex-620 | Dell US

The pci-e slot(s) is x1. That is not for vid cards. You'll have to find a pci vid card for that old timer.
That x1 slot is for sound, wireless, and other items not needing a lot of bandwidth.
And no matter what you pop in it, I can assure you the higher end games you're not going to play on that machine.

Well the GPU I have in it is a PCI-E, so it obviously takes PCI-E. And if the built in graphics on this old timer can handlt farcry, the elder scrolls 4, civilization 4, battlefeild 1942, and other medium demand games, I'm sure that I better gpu would be able to play battlefield 2 or 3 or black ops or starcraft 2

hello ive got a 2002 dell optiplex Pentium 4 at 3.2ghz, 2 gb RAM, and an Nvidia GeForce 6200 TurboCache GP. Everything works fine, but my GPU only has 64mb of memory. I want to know how good my GPU is. Can anyone help?

It comes in 2 flavores for that model number. 128 or 256. The 64MB is the turbocache memory.

yes it is only a 64mb card, but i guess the "TurboCache" makes it support up to 256mb. It is a fairly good card, especially for its age, but i want something better, any suggestions?

I uswe EVGA and XFX. Lots of bang for the buck. But you'll have to be careful to check the power specs on the card versus what the board can deliver.

I do stand corrected about it having a pci-e slot. I did some twisted left handed search terms and finally found the specs for your system. The first link takes you to the index and the second zero's in on the goodies inside.

Documentation

Documentation

IDK what the board can deliver to the card, but my power supply is only a 350, and to upgrade it i have to order straight from DELL which is expensive as hell, so i am very limited to GPU's.

Back
Top Bottom