Gaming PC Build

dbcraig217

Solid State Member
Hi, all. I'm planning to build a gaming PC soon. This will be my first PC build. I've got a list of all the components below that I'm plan on using. If anyone has any better suggestions, please feel free to tell me. I won't be doing a major amount of gaming but I would like to have the best available to me.

Components:
Intel I7 3770k 3.5 GHz
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm hard drive
XFX Double D FX-787A Radeon 7870 GHz edition Black edition
G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16GB (2x8GB)
Raidmax Blackstone series 700w continuos power supply
Cooler Master HAF 932 advanced computer case
Cooler Master hyper 212 CPU cooler

In my not very long career of PC knowledge that looks like a good build however most games don't demand so much from your RAM. Others may say differently but you may be able to save some from the RAM for an even better graphics card. But I'm not much one to talk about builds.

the build is very nice, there is a better choice in motherboards if you are going with a I7 chipset. asus X79 rampage 4, will give you a lot more upgradeable components down the line. it will fit the case and support the graphic cards, might want to up the psu to around 1k-watts since the will spike if running on air.

I use to stay away from ASRock as much as I can, never had good results with them. As a motherboard for gaming I should pick Gigabyte.

Also, for an extreme performance, I would include an SSD for the OS, a 900W power supply and a 2X Radeon HD7870 in crossfire.

That is one expensive computer but a powerful one and be sure that needs it own nuclear reactor to power that thing up!

Be careful with the RAM, 16GB is more than enough but have in mind that if you build a pc from scratch, there is a specific RAM module for it (buying a CPU that handles a 1600MHz memory and a RAM that works at 1800MHz for example, is a waste of money IMHO).

Back
Top Bottom