Best laptop for under 500$?

My G7 has Intel HD3000 and the graphics are good for some lite gaming.
But laptops are not really meant for gaming. Yet people continue buying them and getting seriously disappointed when they can't play even WoW. If you want to game on a laptop warm up the VISA card cause you're gonna put out some money to play.

Oh im not talking about hardcore gaming more like light stuff

You never answered my question. Is used okay? Do you have a problem with bidding on items on ebay? If so, go on ebay and look at ASUS G-series laptops (just search "ASUS G" and refine the search so it's just showing computers, not accessories). They generally come with pretty good dedicated GPUs, and they sell cheap after newer models are released. You'll definitely get a whole lot more for your money if you go this route.

By the way when comparing specs between the G73 models, make sure you look up the actual CPU used in the model, not just the frequency. Asus switched to the newer sandy bridge architecture partway through.

If you want to be able to compare CPUs, use the search function on this site to get benchmark scores. You can also search here for video card benchmarks. These don't really tell you how they're going to perform in the real world, but it's very useful for getting an idea of how different models compare with each other.

o thats what ive been using mainly.

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Unfortunetely it can't tell me what my current cpu is im guessing its waaay old since this desktop is 7 years old
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz

o thats what ive been using mainly.

Excellent. A lot of times newer users tend to post here repeatedly asking which CPU is better out of a certain group, and someone here just looks them up there and posts the result here. It's a lot simpler to just give instructions on how to do it yourself...

By the way, I had a few G73s in my ebay watch history. The auctions all ended somewhere between $400 and $600. Just to give you something of an idea of what to expect. It seems like the ending prices aren't very steady, even between identical models. Just be patient and you'll get a deal.

EDIT: Yeah, athlon 64 is way old now. These i7s will all be significantly faster.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom