Looking at getting a Graphics card instead of using onboard graphics please help!!!

robbiejohn08

Solid State Member
Hi All,

Looking at getting this ASUS graphics card for my gaming / photo editing rig.
not too clued up on the graphics side of computers...

Graphics card i would like: Asus ATI Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Not too sure if it will work with my current setup??
I have been told this is a good graphics card for the money by alot of other gaming mates etc...

My Current PC:
Built it myself btw :)
Processor: Intel i5 2500 3.3GHz (3.6GHz)
RAM: 16gb XMS3 Corsair 1600mhz
HDD: 1tb WD
Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-b75m-d3h

what's your power supply, what games do you plan on playing, what graphic settings do you want to play them at, and what is your budget.

what's your power supply, what games do you plan on playing, what graphic settings do you want to play them at, and what is your budget.
Hi there got a 450w psu, I want to know if that graphics card above will work with my current setup!! It's for playing stuff like mw3 mine craft possibly skyrim... Under £60, like I said I want to know if the above graphics card will work as I have seen them in action and its bloody amazing!

Thanks in advance,
Rob

yes it will work. your motherboard has the correct slot type and your PSU can handle it no problem.

Hmmm my CPU temp stays at around 43c degrees running flat out with hd content in adobe , on stock cooler so in fairy it should be fine?

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Also I meant 350w on the psu do I need to upgrade oats?

Ummm will have to take alook when I get in from school, it's a fairly bulk standard one I ripped it out of a hp machine that was knackard after 13 months!!

350w is fine, the 6670 doesn't take much juice. even if your rig sucked 200watts at load (which it won't, probably more like 100-150w tops) and if your PSU was only giving you 280watts tops, you would still have enough and a little left over.

never heard of anyone call it a coolant block, and I doubt you will need an aftermarket heatsink unless you do some overclocking which wouldn't really be beneficial for an i5 with a mid-end card like the 6670, especially since the i5 is powerful enough at stock.

Back
Top Bottom