Need Help :)

Kmart1212

In Runtime
I dont know if this is the right thread but i need to know if this is normal or not, and how to fix it. i just noticed recently my computer is useing around 50% of my ram. Even after i restart and close everything. i ran anti-malware, closed everything, not sure :/. it just dropped to 25% now though, any ideas why it could be running so high or is that normal?

AMD FX 6100 Six core 3.30 GHz
8 GB ddr3
windows 7 64 bit
Motherboard: MSI somthing, if you need the exact name let me know

Thanks in advance, Kevin

Which OS?

Could you get a print out of your RAM usage, sorted from highest using process to lowest?

Ahh missed that. And I already had my morning coffee, imagine that. :)

In this case, use Windows 7 Task Manager: ctrl + alt + del > Task Manager > Processes tab. Click once on Memory Usage to sort. Grab a screen shot and show us what you got.

Could you get a screen shot of the Processes tab?

Windows Task Manager (the one you opened on the right) > Processes tab (at the moment you got it on Performance tab) > then sort according to Memory Usage.

Also, it'll be more useful to do this during high memory usage because from what you posted right now, things look pretty normal.

Keep in mind, higher RAM usage is not inherently bad. :)

Kmart1212,
please copy this code below to a notepad and save it to your desktop as info.bat

once completed this you will see what they call a batch file.

Run the batch file and view the text files on the desktop and copy of paste
the information up to us and we will tell you what is going on it could system idle since you are running a amd processor which is normal however high memory count is not good and could be caused by a windows update hotfix let us know of the result and i will tell you what is goining on.

if you need any assistance i am here to help.

Code

Code:
@echo off
color A
cls
:A
echo 1)View Processes and PID
echo 2)View Services and PID
echo 3)View active Connections
echo 4)View Started Services
echo 5)exit
set /p op=
if %op% ==1 goto 1
if %op% ==2 goto 2
If %op% ==3 goto 3
if %op% ==4 goto 4
if %op% ==5 goto 5
:1
Cd C:\Users\%username%\Desktop
Tasklist>Processess.txt
pause
cls
goto A
:2
Tasklist /svc>Services.txt
pause
cls
goto A
:3
netstat -ano>ActiveConnections.txt
pause
cls
goto A
:4
net Start>StartedServices.txt
Pause
cls
goto A
:5
Exit

Kind Regards

Ok so i took a screen shot of the procceses as long as the batch file, but i cant seem to get the batch file to run, please help :).
Thanks in advance again, Kevin

Attachments

• batch file.jpg
    batch file.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 8
  • task manager processes.jpg
    task manager processes.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 10
Ok so i took a screen shot of the procceses as long as the batch file, but i cant seem to get the batch file to run, please help :).
Thanks in advance again, Kevin

it has worked it has put a text file on th edesktop for you to copy and paste? do that for all numbers.

you can right click and run as administrator if you are having problems,

Kind Regards

Back
Top Bottom