Building a computer: are these parts ok?

Fissio

Beta member
Hey guys!

I'm soon going to build my first desktop computer, and I was wondering if these parts were okay so that they'd all fit together and there'd be no problem with parts not being compatible with each other or anything. The PC's going to be mainly for gaming use (League of Legends, TF2, WoW, DotA2...).

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Case: Define R4
GPU: ZOTAC Geforce GTX 660 2GB Dual Silencer
PSU: Corsair CX500 V3
CPU fan: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

Then 8GB RAM (4 x 2GB sticks), 1TB HDD and some cheap DVD drive.

What does this combo sound like? Am I missing anything vital? :p Feel free to give me advice but I'm kinda new to this computer business so please don't scold me if I've made some stupid mistakes picking the parts or something. :)

Looks fairly good to me, I would probally go for a dual channel Memory setup so 8gb butt... 4gb+4gb that way you can upgrade to 16gb in the future..

Make sure you are getting the 1155socket version of the motherboard or the CPU wont fit!!!

Just wondering what you are doing about PSU?

Yeah, it's 1155 socket. :) Alright, I'll go for 4+4 GB RAM then, thanks for the tip.

The PSU is one that a friend of mine recommended, a Corsair 500W PSU. Nothing special there I guess...

Oh yeah, and a monitor, too. I think I have a mouse and a keyboard hidden around here somewhere. I get the OS (windows 7 or 8) for free because our university has this Dreamspark thingy so the students get some microsoft products for free, lucky me :p

Back
Top Bottom