Does Anyone Know the Model Of A Old Acer Aspire With A Large Sound Dial On The Front?

jmacavali said:
SP2...:lol: You only have about 30-45 minutes of downloading/installing SP3...and then another 100 or so updates after that.

Looks like a solid XP machine though. If you had some old RAM laying around to bump it up to 1-2GB it would be a great word processor/internet browser as long as you keep it light and streamlined.

Yep haven't gotten to the SP3 update stage yet, I added another 512mb which it now has 1GB, I cannot find a specifications document on the official Acer support site. A HDD upgrade will be on the way, I was trying to find the HDD and its like a jungle in there. It runs quite fast when I only had 512mb ram in there, A lot of photos and music I had pulled off there for my Aunt and stored on an External HDD. I think it would be good for older games that don't require real intense graphics, I may look into Over-clocking it but I will worry about that later down the track.

It has a Pentium 4 CPU which isn't bad, If I was to update the HDD and keep xp could I clone the current HDD and keep xp and install windows 7 alongside on the new HDD?

Last edited:
Yes it will click and go in and won't be able to click for like a minute, Right will have a look there and see whats going on, I knows it trying to start because the fan try's to spin and then just stops..

Ahh great the PSU may have already gone, Well I better get searching the net for one then, I will check all the cords now to see if anything has come loose..

Last edited:
Well it just started working but no picture on monitor and making big long beep continuously and no I don't have one..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom