Computer Lagging bad

Vinaell

Baseband Member
So I bought a sony vaio VPCEG with windows 7 premium its less then a year old and it just seems to lag very bad. constant freezing for like 5-10 secs at a time and some times just very slow moving. theres hardly anything on it and no programs that i see running. any ideas on what it could be or how i can fix it. Ive heard i can shut off some of the services but im afraid to as i do online gaming (havent yet on the laptop) and i know some services will prevent loggin in if i change them.

When I looked at task manager i saw nothing using a lot of the processor but when i clicked "Show porcesses from all users" I have something using like 50% of my cpu. Image Name-wmpnetwk.exe User Name-NETWORK SERVICE CPU-50 Memory 2,477,076 and its not connected to internet or anything atm either

Ok i went in and disabled it im hoping that will stop the lagging since that seem to spike to 100% usage at times. i will post an update if it doesnt work

perating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
System Model: VPCEG3WFX
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.61.04R0240Z8
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4044MB RAM
Page File: 3667MB used, 4418MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0106&SUBSYS_908A104D&REV_09
Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Right now just internet and watching a movie it will lag. even while using Google Chrome and nothing else it will just freeze from time to time mouse unable to move for 5 seconds and it would do it about every 20-30 seconds

I would like to be able to do online gaming from a public network places that have free wifi tho. I would like to watch movies and use the internet. So if theres any services i can disable that wont interfere with those uses i would be happy to do that. i just dont want things like my game updates or game downloads to be stopped

Do you plan on doing real intense gaming like all the new ones that have been released, If so your laptop would not have the power to play them..

Back
Top Bottom