Windows XP Dell

KJLai

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I have a slight problem with my Dell laptop, i recently just reformatted the whole laptop. Everything wiped out. And right now, im trying to connect to the internet but somehow i cant, it says that i need a username and password. The wifi light itself isnt even turning on. If tried the keys to turn on/off, but still doesnt work. Any ideas? I have Verizon Fios internet, Is there a difference between XP and vista/7 wifi settings??

Thanks

It's probably asking for you account login details, If you cannot fix it ring Verizon and see what they can do..

If the wifi light isn't turning on I doubt Verizon can help you. Have you checked the wifi adapter in Device Manager to see if the system says it's installed correctly? It might be a driver issue. When you reformatted, did you go from XP to Win 7?

No difference in settings, but it might not have loaded the driver. I assumed you went to 7 (which has 95% of drivers already) but you might have to download it. What happens if you connect with a cable?

Yes, it was the driver, I have found it!!! thanks guys, the driver was like not installed or something.

Thank you all!!

Back
Top Bottom