What would the members like to see changed here

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Appearance wise that is. In this thread http://www.computerforums.org/forums/site-admin-news-feedback/forum-colors-220967.html there is some discussion about did we have a different style theme here at some time the users could select. I personally don't recall having an alternate theme here. There were some color tweaking done at one time and I think that's as far as it went. I would submit that the default needs to be saved as some like to use it and there's other reasons that we won't go in to right now.

Ok let's cut to the chase scene. The powers that be won't be aware of us wanting an alternate theme to choose if we don't make our opinions known.
So here's the question:
What would you like to see in an alternate theme that is user selectable?
Don't go too extreme.

Personally, I'm not sure it's worth the effort implementing - sites with "custom themes" where you "make it your own" were all the rage about 5 years ago, but the problems associated with debugging when something goes wrong, and working out exactly what the user was viewing with what theme at what time just makes it not worth it in my opinion. This issue is complicated further with mobile viewers, effectively meaning you have to either have two themes for each selectable theme, or ignore the option on mobile devices.

This might all be worth it if someone could quote some research at me saying that it increases site traffic to have these options available, but I can't recall any studies showing this is the case...

I'll like the blue changed to black.
that could be nice, but what a really want to see different on this forum is a "like" or "thump up" feature.

I would also like to see some colour changing options and echonateks idea for a like button would be interesting..

EchoNatek said:
i think it's a great feature.
no one uses the "thanks" button. we need a "like" button.

I have found that a lot members use the thanks button especially new members..

Ha did not notice the "Thanks" button now you talk about it.

But no the site is good as it is and I don't think that any change is needed.

Back
Top Bottom