Dell 4500s Upgrade for potential DJing

zolton13

Beta member
I have an old dell 4500s that just takes up space and I have decided to use it for recording tracks and djing. I want to upgrade everything. I am not looking for the best upgrades, but just ones that will process programs such as Virtual DJ and Reason recording software flawlessly without lag. Keep in mind that this computer will only be used for music purposes, no gaming. Any advice you can give me is much appreciated. Thanks.

Honestly, you will want something more powerful. Those machines are notoriously difficult to upgrade.

I don't understand why people want to use old PC's for modern software. Older just doesn't have the horsepower to run modern programs like DJ'ing programs. And they just can't be upgraded enough, if at all, to meet the requirements.
Get something currently state of the art and use that for your DJ'ing. Or as suggested, build one.

I think SETI that some people don't really read the requirements for the program they want to run and think that it will run just fine no problems.

Back to the topic, Do you have a budget to stick to, If so what price range..

I am pretty much planning on rebuilding the dell up from the ground. Budget isn't really an issue. If it is possible I would like to put a 4gb motherboard in, new 1tb harddrive, and the best sound card available. I am not sure exactly what is needed when building a computer as I have never done one completely before. This computer though is only going to be used for itunes, and music purposes. If at all possible I don't want to buy a new computer.

Back
Top Bottom