Forgot Admin password for W7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB12

Beta member
I forgot my W7 password- the UAC is for program changes that need authorisatoin but I can log into windows. I have tried resetting/changing the password via command prompt but it isn't working (System 5 error- access denied) find this strange when I am the admin!! Any ideas why this is happening? & I also can't download any 3rd party programs eg windows password unlocker. Anything else I can try? or a suggested command code?

Last edited:
First
net user %username%

Second
net user administrator

once I know this information then we can establish 2 things 1 you are not a admin 2 the administrator account is not active becuase you have to activate it first.

Kind Regards

I tried option 1: it said the syntax of this command is
Option 2: (I typed in net user by the way) and it listed the admin (which is me)

I should mention that I tried these when I was logged into my standard user account, should I have done this when I was in safe mode + cmd?

Also, when I come to the log in screen it displays 2 accounts- 1 admin and 1 guest, if that's of any use.

Have also tried the sticky keys technique but didn't realise that I needed the cd for it which I don't have.:rolleyes:

you might of been an administrator at some point but you on not the system administrator nor are you a administrator now you got that message becuase you typed the command in wrong typeing net user will only list all users on the workstation excluding domains DNS.

As Setishock has said does the computer belong to you, Are you genuinely trying to recover or remove the password or are you trying to break in??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom