Miniature Failure

csovde

Solid State Member
I have a mini that just a few days ago was going through check disk and during the process the battery died and of coarse I didn't think i was so low. Anyway since then I can't raise any kind of a response from the poor thing when the chargers plugged in, but when on battery only the battery light tries to blink although it is dim. I have tried replacing the CMOS battery but that didn't work so I am asking for ideas. It is a Velocity Micro NoteMagix v10e. 1GB RAM, Intel Atom processor. Thanks for the help!

can you log in to windows with power brick plugged in?

does the battery seen to be charging in powercfg settings?

Why did you replace cmos battery am I missing something?

if this is a battery problem have you replaced the battery yet?

Cmos is for the system bios and relay needs changing every 2 - 5 years,

it normally needs changing when the system keeps loosing time and wrong date.

please explain in more detail so we can better understand your problem.

Kind Regards

No the Computer doesn't turn on at all. and does not charge while plugged in. Since when the charger is unplugged and its just battery it tries to flash the battery light, i thought it might be the way its charged. I changed the CMOS battery, and did because another site said some systems need a working CMOS battery to operate correctly. I also realize i might need to update BIOS but I don't exactly know how to do that since the system won't turn on at all.

I could have sworn I posted a reply in this thread last night. Guess not...
At any rate that uses a lithium battery and they have some nasty quirks. If you kill it odds are against it coming back. You could try just leaving it on the charger for 24 hours and see if you get a rise out it. After that if it doesn't come back, it's a lost cause. I don't know what you have to do to replace a main battery in a netbook but one of my employees has a s10-3 that would have to be sent back to have a new battery installed.
When you get it all squared away you need to go in the power profile and get in the advanced settings. Set it to low battery alert you at 20%. Then critical battery at 15% and set it to shut down. Put it on the charger and juice it back up.
I wouldn't have one of those things just for that reason. For what you gave for that thing you could have bought a low end laptop with all the goodies.

I guess I'll just try a few things like get a brand new cmos battery(the one i installed was in another computer i had sitting in a corner), buy a new laptop battery for it. and see about updating bios without powering it on (skeptical about that). I suppose its not a situation im worried about anyways because it wasn't my main computer, and traded it with an indifferent attitude for another old laptop i had laying around. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom