ATX cable is loose?

breebreebran31

Solid State Member
My mobo and PSU are brand new. But I plug my ATX cable into my mobo and its loose. It doesn't snap in. It's just flimsy. And if I bump the computer I lose power. Any suggestions for this? I don't really want to short circuit my brand new mobo
Edit:
I think my motherboard is shot.
I plugged a speaker in it to test it. It's not turning on at all. The speaker isn't beeping at all. Nothing is happening. I felt the motherboard and the sata ports were really hot so I left it off for a little while. Still nothing.

Last edited:
send the motherboard back under warranty to be checked out it sounds like it is a bad build motherbaord and the power ATX cable should be a firm grip not loose and flimsey as you say the ports should not be getting hot.

the other thing is if the ATX cable is not plugged in right in the motherboard it is delivering the wrong voltage or current to the motherboard is so making the compoients hot does sound wrong and if it is brand new like you said it will be under warranty don't bother wasting time on it just send it back and get a new one.

Kind Regards

Back
Top Bottom