Which is better for gaming? *New to computers and forum*

lmandrews

Baseband Member
I was wondering which was a better build for gaming especially Arma 2, 3 and Days as well as battlefield 3-4.
Setup one:
Windows 8 64
AMD A8-5600K quad-core processor [3.6GHz, 4MB L2 Cache]
1GB AMD Radeon HD 7450 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]
6GB DDR3-1600MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive 609$

Build two:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64
3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 quad-core processor [3.0GHz, 6MB Shared Cache]
8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
Integrated Intel(R) HD Graphics [DVI-I & DVI-D, DX 10.1] 559$

All feedback is greatly appreciated and welcome.

I am not sure about the processor, it is been told AMD is far great for games, but it gets really HOOT!

I might throw a cooler master fan on either one when I get more cash these are custom options from two HP computers

Your second build better and windows 7 is better than windows 8 for gaming as there are not many games that have support for windows 8 yet..

Oh hmm that throws a curve ball at me because I figured the a8 was better than the a5 and a radeon was better than integrated graphics?

I wouldn't worry about game compatibility with win 8...so far i am having no problems...so far

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

personally, off the top of my head I'd for option 1.

So far... Haha well I'd assume futures games such as battlefield 4 and arma3 will be built with win8 in mind. What games have you been running?

build two by far since i5 processors are better than any AMD processor for gaming, especially the A8.

but quite honestly, neither atm. you would need at least a Radeon 7770 dedicated graphics card for games like battlefield 3 if you wanted decent graphic settings. More preferably a Radeon 7850 or higher.

So although the a8 runs at 3.6 ghz the i5 at 3.0 runs better? Obviously I'd think otherwise but I'm new to computers. Also would the integrated graphics as terrible as they are run medium graphics until I could upgrade to a 7850 or something around there. Keep in mind I don't need high graphics at 60 fps. Or would the amd build with the 7450 run medium graphics well?

the ghz speed of the processor is irrelevant when considering how significantly stronger the individual cores of the i5 are compared to the A8.

now, I have never played BF3 on integrated graphics but I do know BF3 is either a mid-high or a high end game meaning if it is possible to play on integrated, it would have to be on the absolute lowest setting and even then it could struggle during multiplayer or intense moments in the game. How badly will it struggle? that I wouldn't know.

the integrated graphics on the A8 is actually a 7560D which is only a little better than the i5's HD 2500.

now I just notice something else. The Radeon 7450 (are you sure it is a 7450?) looks like a crappy yet expensive dedicated card no better than the integrated graphics the A8 offers. This means the AMD system is trying to charge you extra for something completely useless which explains why the AMD system is more expensive than the Intel i5 system when the Intel i5 3330 processor is almost double the price of the A8-5600K

stay away from this AMD system.

you should probably mention the power supplies watt limit of the i5 system and if you can find the motherboard model, that too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom