Start Programs

dnpsmith

Beta member
What is the best tool I can use to view the START programs and be able to remove some Taht is not necessary. I think there are too many running and slowing me down. I tried using Windows Defender but it is turnede off and I cannot turn it on.

open the task manager.. go in processes tab and see the running processes. It would have a description of each process by which you can understand why the processes is running.. if you want to end a process right click on it and end it..

Do the following to remove any programs and applications you don't want,

Start>Control Pannel>Add and Remove Programs

and remove anything you don't need or want any longer.

then see what is starting up at start up

click run>type msconfig>select startup and see what is starting when windows starts and disable anything you don't want to start.

Kind Regards

I want to speed up my computer, i was told i can go to ''msconfig'' and shut down programs running in the back ground, im just not sure what needs to stay running

Things like C Cleaner will give you a safer option for this but I haven't found one for the Windows Services yet.

Things like the printing services aren't needed if like me you don't print much or even have a printer connected.

http://www.auslogics.com/en/turbo-windows/

On the page of this link there is a free download that tells you the many ways of speeding up Windows. It does mainly focus on XP and 7 though.

Mossiac

Back
Top Bottom