USB Logging

atomichybrid

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is something that can log USB events from the USB's point of view, rather than windows looking at the USB log entries. Normally I would natively look at the windows event viewer of some 3rd party software to see what USBs are plugged to my computer, but what if another computer used that same USB? I want to be able to keep track of the USB's activities rather than the computer.

If this is possible I'm open to suggestions and will try to get back since I'm a busy with work.

Cheers

BK_123,

Thanks for the suggestion, I gave the software a go but I was looking for a piece of software that the USB will be able to record as soon it is plugged into any computer. I found that this software has to be running always on the one computer, but as I stated in my question if its possible to have a USB software to log which computer its plugged in and so forth.

Cheers

You're basicly wanting to invade some one's system and retrieve information about what system it's connected to and what's being done with it. Good luck with that.

Fujitsu_Technician said:
BK_123 good find my friend I also nabed a copy nirsoft are very good programmers they also made blue screen view and all there stuff works well this software is good for analizing,

Kind Regards

Ahh what other software do they have?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is something that can log USB events from the USB's point of view, rather than windows looking at the USB log entries. Normally I would natively look at the windows event viewer of some 3rd party software to see what USBs are plugged to my computer, but what if another computer used that same USB? I want to be able to keep track of the USB's activities rather than the computer.

If this is possible I'm open to suggestions and will try to get back since I'm a busy with work.

Cheers

@atomichybrid,
What information is it you looking for this will give you everything you need to know?
Also what are you trying to achieve from the information you get. If I am getting it right what you put you want a standalone executable what runs directly from the USB but what exactly do you want to know is more the question?

Kind Regards

Ahh what other software do they have?

I have more software than you can think of, I am just going though the website links you sent me they do loads of freeware that all works, BlueScreenView was a Brillant peace of software that was made by them to view minidump reports of blue screen of deaths, I have around 400 peaces of software in total on the hard disk and this number is rising.

Kind Regards

@setishock
I didn't realise the fact that there would be a privacy issue involving this sort of procedure. I could care less what my USBs wants to know on other people's computer as soon as its plugged in. I just want my USB device to record a time of when it's connected to various PCs.

@Fujitsu_Technician
I basically want something to record like a time stamp of when the USB is connected regardless of what PC its connected, I don't intend to invade someone's PC as soon as the USB is connected. I have a few portable hard drives with backups, software and work files. I don't like other people going through it and messing around with it either.

I'm kinda paranoid with people accessing my files and yeah thought there could be a piece of software that can just record the time when the USB hard drive is connected and log it onto the hard drive. I find it a bit cumbersome to just hide my portable devices only to unhide when I want to use it.

If there's a way to analyse my USBs connection history that would be something, if this doesn't work out perhaps I should find ways to protect my files from unauthorised users. (if there are some good links on how to do that I'll be happy to explore)

Hope the confusion is cleared up, I don't intend to breach privacy on other computers and sniff around their activities.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom