How to delete backdoor.tidserv?

Parson

Beta member
Hello.
My norton has detected a virus called backdoor.tidserv. I deleted it and it asked me to restart my computer. After that i noticed the virus was still there. How come its not removed?!?! Help me, please :confused:

Check McAffe for a removal tool. Some times you have to have a specialized tool to do the job.

When you say it's still there can you confirm what you mean?

Is it in the vault?

Sometimes Anti Virus's will put stuff in the Vault which means it's no longer harmful if it can't find a successful way of completely removing it.

When you say it's still there can you confirm what you mean?

Is it in the vault?

Sometimes Anti Virus's will put stuff in the Vault which means it's no longer harmful if it can't find a successful way of completely removing it.

Good point, however if system restore is enabled then it may be living in system volume information in the restore section and each time the computer is restarted it will reinable itself under a diffrent name.

or the startup regedit section still contains the key.

Kind Regards

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Download and run anti malwarebytes and let it do a full scan do this in safemode with networking as the virus has less chances of attack.

Kind Regards

Try using TDSSKiller:

http://support.kaspersky.com/5350
http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.exe

Save to your Desktop.

Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application
Click on Start Scan.

If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, then, click on Continue.
If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, then, click on Continue.

It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process.
Click on Reboot Now.

Last edited:
Hello to all,

cottonball, after doing some searching on my own i found a resolution to my problem and there was no reason to download another antivirus program.
I googled my problem and found norton's community. There were a couple of people with the same question as mine and they got a lot of answers so i followed their suggestions and managed to remove the virus. Here is the topic i found backdoor.tidserv removal tool - Norton Community

I followed some guides from here also: How to Remove Backdoor Tidserv.inf | eHow.com

I was interested about the virus and what it does so i did a little research.
I read that it is a trojan, made by hackesr to steal personal information from users like me. I read it here: Remove Backdoor.Tidserv

I think that it's all gone now.
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate your help! :)

Thanks for the feedback, Parson. It is always appreciated.

There is more than one way to get rid of tidserv.
Norton Power Eraser sometimes works, and, some times it doesn't.

If you are satisfied with the present status of the computer, and the malware is gone, that is what counts.

To be on the safe side, you may want to consider going to another clean computer and changing any passwords used on the infected computer.

Happy surfin'!! :D

Thanks again cottonball,
when i think about it.. it really is a good idea to change my passwords. I'll do that.
Happy surfing to you too :Thanx:

Back
Top Bottom